Tuesday, May 8, 2007


Sorry guys, it's been such a long time since I have updated this blog. My sister says that she looks on it everyday and it's still the same old stuff. Well Kim, this is to you and now I'm putting a new post on so you can quit bugging me about it.
Well I have offically graduated from my first year of Bible College!!!What an achievement.... I even have the ExCiTe certificate to prove it! Now I have to spread my wings into the real word....a world that is far too different then the bubble I am used too and, altough it is good to live at home, I miss the comforts of living in dorm and talking to my friends whenever I feel like it, including my wonderful unit (picture above). However hard it may seem, I am surving but yet still trying to figure out the next chapter of my life. At the time being I am working at Tim Hortons....it's odd really, because I find myself working at the very place that I refused to work at because of their hideous uniforms ( sorry to anyone who works there, don't take it personally). So I guess in a way I had to swallow my own pride and hindrance to the uniforms and do what some like to call, " suck it up". It's actually not that horrible, and I am grateful that I do have a job at the moment and that I will get a big, fat paycheque in a week or so. Shopping here I come!!!! Anyways there's not much else to update on, I'm at a point right now where I just need to be thankful for where I am and trust that God will show me what he wants me to do next. So next time you stop at Tim Hortons make sure you give an little extra smile to those people serving you coffee and wearing uniforms, you never know if you'll end up there someday too!!!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congratulations on graduating Steph - that's exciting! I have to say, having worked at Timmy's multiple times, I am sorry you got sucked into it:) I did have fun with the girls I worked with though. Hopefully that's true for you too. I'll be praying for you during this transition time as you wait to see where God leads you. Love you!

Kim said...

Thanks for posting Steph!! I'm so proud of you! I think that you and Mir are the hottest workers at Timmy's even with the horrible uniforms!! I love you and I'll be praying that you will find where God wants you to be!
Your big sis

Chrys said...

Yay! More of us at Timmies. With all of us that have Timmies experience I think we're pretty close to being able to run our own store now. What do you say - wouldn't you love to work for me? It was great to see a new post, and I can't wait to see where life takes you in the next while.

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

A Tim Horton's store run by Loewens... watch out world! Some of my best stomach hurting laughter happened at Tim Horton's with the lovely ladies I worked with. Enjoy the fellowship! I will think of you when I smile at the beautiful lady that hands me my coffee each morning (not quite but you get the idea) and I will pretend it is you! The beige is much more attractive than the burgandy I had to wear when I worked there. Love you lots Steph!

Anonymous said...

God is good even when we feel we don't know what his plans are for us.Just keep trusting and believing that where you are now is where God wants you and know that you are serving him with each cup of coffee you give to someone else.
I pray for you many times a day!
Love ya
Mom