Friday, March 30, 2007

Spanish Culture and Donuts Do Go Together

















Hey, it's been another long while since I have updated this blog, but nothing exciting has really been happening in my life right now. Although the other day I finally go my mission's trip pictures from the beginning of Janurary...yes the same mission trip that I talked about on my very first blog. Anyways I thought I might post a few pictures so you can finally have some visual aids to go along with my running commentary. Don't worry I'm not going to bore you by describing my awesome experience one again...I'll let the pictures do most of the explaining. The picture in the above left corner is of my entire team consisting of my amazing leaders Rick, Sylvia and Dana. That's me in the bottom right hand corner... the reason I have my parka on is because the restaruant's heater broke...in the worst cold wave of the winter so it was freezing. We were going to eat there but the cooks actually ended up bringing the food to their church so that we could still have the cultural experience of eating Ethiopian food. It's not as bad as a thought it would be but it's definately something that I wouldn't eat on a regular basis. Now the next picture is something to eat that I can handle....me and my friend Sarah are eating our wonderful donuts and the spanish church that we visited...wow...they serve some dang good food! The food isn't the only great thing about the spanish church, but it is their hospitality and kindness that really lead me to love these people!! They also even let some of my teammates join their worhsip team even though they didn't know a bit of Spanish...well actually that is not true because there was one girl on our team who did know Spanish. She's from Paragua and lived there for quite a few years and obviously she fit in quite well. Actually a lot of the people at the church knew English as well so it's not like we couldn't communicate at all. The bottom picture is some of the girls from my team...and I can't remember if a Spanish girl took the picture or not because they really like to take pictures. So...okay maybe I did do the running commentary thing, but there is still so many things that happened that I would never be able to put down without boring you to death. It's weird how God is using something that was 3 months ago to still teach me things and remind me of what I learned through the people that I met. God does things that like and I am really grateful that He does, because how else would we learn from our mistakes if He didn't. Anyways I should really go and make some coffee if I'm going to be up until I leave for Edmonton tomorrow morning ...so have a good one!!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yay for another update - I agree that it is good that God continues to teach us from things that we think we've already learned from. It's a good way to keep those experiences close in our hearts. Have a great time in Edmonton and I'll write again later!

Jerilee said...

STEPH!!! I found you!!! BAH! I'm so excited for life!!! Have a good easter!! I'll see you at school later!